Our programs introduce nurses to principles and practices of holistic nursing and integrative care through teaching, experiential learning and mentoring.
Nurses develop a framework and philosophy as well as practical skills that form the foundation of practice in an integrative model.
Nurses learn and practice a variety of holistic nursing modalities and experience the role of the nurse as coach and facilitator in the healing process.
Core Program Themes
- Role of Nursing in today's emerging integrative healthcare paradigm
- The role of Nurses as Wellness Coaches
- Nursing leadership in an integrative health model and in healthcare reform
- Self care and holism as integral to nursing practice
- Cultural perspectives in health and healing
- Creating optimal healing environments
- Social, economic, and political dimensions of a wellness model
- Research and relevancy of emerging models in nursing education
Skills and Modalities
- Yoga, Mindfulness Meditation, Breath work, Biofeedback
- Guided Imagery for Body Mind Healing
- Nutritional Food as Medicine
- Energy Healing : Reiki, Healing, Touch, Therapeutic Touch
- Wellness Coaching Tools
INI Programs (see Programs menu above for description)
- Holistic Nursing Weekend Retreat
- Integrative Nursing Weekend Retreat
- Wellness Coach Certificate Program
- Hospice Nurse Program
- Eco-Nutrition: Environmental and Nutritional Influence on Health